George Bernard Shaw said "I am of the opinion that my life belongs to the community, and as long as I live it is my privilege to do for it what ever I can." Our family tree took root in North County in 1882 when the 11 Hammonds got off the train in Encinitas and immediately doubled the population. EG Hammond, Tom's great great grandfather, built the first school house in Encinitas. It is now the home of the Encinitas Historical Society and sits at the southwest corner of the old Pacific View Elementary School. You can learn more about the Hammonds and coastal North County by visiting the San Dieguito Heritage Museum. Click on a link below to learn more about one of the many jewels that make San Diego such a diverse and beautiful place to live.
- Carlsbad, "The Village by the Sea"
- Del Mar, "Where the Turf meets the Surf"
- Encinitas, "The Flower Capital of the World"
- Downtown Encinitas Mainstreet Association
- Welcome to Encinitas, California!
- Escondido, "The Heart of San Diego North"
- Oceanside-"where life is worth living"
- San Marcos, "The Hub of North County"
- Solana Beach, "has something special for every taste"
- Vista "America's Climatic Wonderland"
- San Diego, "America's Finest City"
- La Jolla, "Shelter from the Norm"
Got a question? Contact us.